Welcome to smART Room Studio!
I am Bonnie Brunner, an Art Instructor and Professional Artist. My art studio is located in Cary and has
been providing curriculum-based art classes for Homeschooled students since 2001. Classes are
available to students 5-18 years of age. I am very proud that many of my students have
gone on to study art in college.
Below is a brief description of what my classes offer:
- Lessons take place in a home-studio setting.
- Lessons are one hour/once a week.
- This program runs from the end of August – beginning of June.
- The students are placed in classes grouped by age/ability.
- There is a maximum of 5 students in each class.
- The fees for lessons are as follows:
- - $60/month (1 student)
- - $110/month for two siblings
- - $155/month for three siblings
- - $195/month for four siblings
- All supplies are included in the fees above.
- The lessons provide an opportunity for students to explore different mediums such as, paint, clay, drawing, etc...
- Lessons include art history and transfer concepts from academic studies.
My philosophy of teaching: I feel that art should be taught as a process and that children learn the best when the activity is fun for them. I teach my students to be original thinkers as I introduce possibilities and guide them through techniques to develop their artistic abilities. I encourage my classes to work as a community of artists. Most of all, I find art to be a great form of expression and not a test of skill or talent.